Back in Ada!

     I can't believe I am back writing another blog post already! My summer was great, but I am so happy to be back in Ada for year two! The end of last semester was rough for me so having a fresh start after a summer reset is something that I desperately needed. I have so many things to look forward to this semester as well.

    To start, I am the Communications Coordinator for Student Planning Committee, which means that I rn the social media, take pictures at events, and design all of our advertisements. If you have seen the banners or posters in front of the dining hall in Mac, I design and put up all of those! I am having a blast in this position and love the people that I get to work with.



    Next, I am thrilled to be a DCBA peer mentor and course assistant! My mentee makes me so excited for the future of the public relations program and for the rest of my time here. I relied on and loved my mentor, Emma, so much and I am hoping to be the same type of mentor for Grace. Dr. Lambdin is so much fun, and I have been in a class of his every semester of college so far. I have learned so much as a student, business professional, and just as a person from him so I am always excited to be in the TREX class to help.

    Over the summer I started my position on the PRSSA National Committee as well. While it is a ton of work, it brings a number of opportunities and learning experiences my way. These opportunities include a trip to Anaheim, California in October! I am afraid of my flights but am very excited to go to Downtown Disney and help run the conference. 

    I am also looking forward to potentially going to New York in October to take photos at The James Beard House! It is not official yet, but I would love to take advantage of this opportunity. I absolutely loved New York when we went in April, so I would love a chance to go back.

    As if all of the stuff listed above is not enough, I am going through sorority recruitment as a recruiter for the first time and am hoping to get a little! I am also living in the sorority house this year and am getting closer with many of my sisters, which is making the recruitment process so much fun. 



    Lastly, my boyfriend and I have grown so much in the last year and have started to really plan out our future. Being high school sweethearts and doing long distance for three years now has not been easy, but we know that this is it. So, hopefully at some point during this school year he will get down on one knee!

    All of these things are truly great, but after going to my first couple days of class, I love all of my professors and have been connecting with so many people that it has truly reminded me of why I love ONU and why I am here. I am very excited about this year and this semester if you couldn't tell! I wouldn't have most of these opportunities without Aggie's guidance and mentorship, so I just wanted to add that she is the best adviser and second mom to have on this campus.


Comments

  1. It seems like you will be keeping yourself just as busy this semester. I am happy for you and all that you have accomplished. I bet you will probably be just as stressed too so make sure to be nice to me :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you will have plenty to keep you busy this semester! I'm sure they are all wonderful opportunities and you will thrive ! Remember to enjoy the school year, it goes by fast.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts