Incredible Instagram

    Instagram is easily my favorite social media platform to use. Whether I am posting, commenting, liking or reposting, Instagram has so many different features that make it addicting so, I am not surprised to hear that my age is the most active on the platform. I was surprised to hear that it is the third most popular platform. On average I spend at least an hour on Instagram every day, according to my phone. Running four different social media accounts makes the time add up fast. Editing photos, piecing them together, tagging the right people, adding a location and coming up with the perfect caption all take more time than the average Instagram users understand. Creating all of those elements for varying audiences and having to stick to each individual brand can make posting more time consuming. The photos are the most important feature of a post and coming up with original content that makes everyone happy is very hard. From experience, the sorority Instagram challenges me the most because not only do I have to stick to our established "brand", but I also have to come up with original and unique content and somehow find a way to get everyone to like it...To me that seems almost impossible after trying for over a month now. 

    My favorite aspect of Instagram is actually Instagram stories. This might sound weird, but I like stories better because they are less pressure. They disappear fast and don't require as much creativity or time to be put in and leave little room for mistakes to occur. With that being said, not only do I love stories for the accounts that I would consider as my "work", but for leisure they are also my favorite aspect. I love reposting things I am tagged in and going through and seeing what everyone else has on theirs is easier than scrolling through my feed. However, as I have mentioned in my previous blogs, ads get annoying very fast. With Instagram, pretty much every other post or story that I go through is an ad. Which makes sense considering that the total ad revenue from the platform is $43.2 billion. I hope this amount of revenue is still being made when whatever company I end up working for has me planning their social media advertising!

    Even with certain challenges, the platform makes me so happy and excited for my future with public relations and social media. Instagram has already taught me so much in just my first year and has provided me with hands on learning opportunities to kickstart my career and create a diverse portfolio. What do you find challenging about Instagram? What do you love about Instagram?





Comments

  1. I would also say Instagram is my favorite. I think it has the most versatility out of the other platforms I use. I use it for seeing what my friends are doing but also keeping up with sports. It was the first social media I had and that will forever hold a place in my heart. I really enjoy posting music on my stories as it is something I am really passionate about.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts