19!

     Monday, I turned 19! It is crazy to me that my next birthday I will be 20! Birthdays feel less special as you get older. I wish I could go back in time to when you would get a birthday crown, a special pencil, and give out treats to the whole class. Now, my phone just blows up with text messages. I think birthdays officially lose their magic after you turn 16. Your sweet 16 is obviously special and different, but after that, meh. This could all just apply to me though. I was also kind of sad to say goodbye to being 18. A lot happened when I was that age, and it is bittersweet to no longer be 18. 

    In the last year, I graduated high school, finished gymnastics, moved into college, joined a sorority, celebrated two years together with Nick, earned a PRSSA national committee position and went on a number of trips. All of these events could be considered life changing. I am hoping the upcoming year has just as much in store! 

    For this year's birthday celebration, my boyfriend visited Northern and planned the night for me. He made reservations at a small Italian restaurant in Findlay. The food was absolutely delicious! He also spent hours putting together my gift. He got me a bracelet that I really wanted, but he didn't think that was enough, even though it was. He ran to Walmart, while I was in class, bought a bunch of fake flowers, my favorite snacks and had a bunch of pictures printed. I got back from class, and he presented me a giant box covered in pictures of us. The box was full of the flowers, snacks, the bracelet and a mason jar inside of it. The mason jar was full of tiny slips of colored paper, on the side was a key to what each color meant. Orange paper has things to look forward to written on them, pink has reasons why he loves me and yellow has different memories. It felt like I was in a romantic comedy! I am so lucky and grateful to have someone that puts that much effort into little things for me, especially with the distance.


Comments

Popular Posts