Social Media Workshop!

    The 2024 #ONUSMWorkshop did not disappoint! The speakers and content blew me away! I surprisingly loved live tweeting! I felt more engaged, and the time flew by, when I was live tweeting in the first session! 
    I chose to tweet during Meghan Winters-Rowe's session about agency relations and different social platforms. She works at Inspire PR Group, who has had other speakers present to us in the past, and every time I am impressed. The highlighting of different platforms that Winters-Rowe did was phenomenal and went very well with what we have learned in the past. A fact that shocked me in her presentation, that was featured in a live tweet, was that for every 19 organic social media posts, only one will reach the target or intended audience. Hearing that was kind of scary, if I am honest. Winters-Rowe emphasized the importance of awareness, engagement, traffic and leads for clients at Inspire PR Group. She shared with us that their team at Inspire focuses on these areas, when looking at Facebook and Instagram specifically. A platform I was surprised to hear a speaker talk about at the workshop was Pinterest, since it is not the most popular. So, when Winters-Rowe started to talk about it, I was excited. She said, "Pinterest is really kind of like a search engine." I had never thought of that before, but once she said it, I realized how true it was. I have never clicked on Pinterest unless I had a specific thing to look for or need inspiration for something. That characteristic is unique to Pinterest, but TikTok could start to diminish that uniqueness. The last thing I searched for on the platform was for a spring nail color! With all of the interesting facts and points, Winters-Rowe featured examples from real clients! The most interesting example to me, was an ad they created on Pinterest for Easter related products. The aesthetic of the posts and products demonstrated the different tips she gave. Overall, she was amazing. I was very happy that I had the pleasure of introducing her as well! I am so grateful that I was able to meet her!


    
Another highlight of mine from the workshop was Colin Wylie's discussion on branding. From The Ohio State University, Wylie explained the significance of authenticity. The workshop introduced me to so many people and I learned so much about social media! I can't wait for next year!

Comments

  1. You did such an awesome job introducing Megan Winters-Rowe. I am so glad you got to learn so much at the workshop as well. Hope you also enjoyed all the other sessions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts