Spring Break!

I have always had a love-hate relationship with spring break. With my birthday on March 25, it usually falls during the break. However, this year I was not as fortunate. After a successful trip to Seattle, I got home and did basically nothing for a week. I spent my spring break being lazy. With my mom and dad working and my sister at school, I spent my days watching TV, snuggling with my dog.  I got my hair and nails done, babysat, went shopping and hung out with all of my family members. My mom and I spent a lot of time together just relaxing and watching our favorite TV shows.


The best part of my break was the food I ate and my trip to Seattle. After stressing about my trip to Seattle and preparing to speak publicly, I was so relieved when they announced that I earned the majority of votes and was selected as the Vice President of Digital Communications for PRSSA National. The election process for appointing position took over six hours! The entire trip felt like a weird fever dream. With long travel days, an intense election process and adrenaline levels going up and down, I was more than ready to start my spring break and get home as fast as I could. Of course, then our flight got delayed out of Phoenix. The time change occurred the same night that we were coming home. So, we didn't get back to my house in Cleveland until 3:30 a.m. the next morning! I was exhausted, I feel like it took me at least three days to fully recover from the time difference. 

The next week at home flew by though. While it felt like I didn't do much, I was so happy that the week went by so fast because this weekend I get to see my boyfriend, Nick! I couldn't ask for a better birthday present! He is finally going to get to meet all of my friends! I am so excited! We haven't seen each other since the middle of January. My family misses him just as much as I do! My parents are mad that he is coming out to Northern because they wish he would go to my house and visit them. They even called him on the phone with me over the break. But they get to come to Northern themselves on Friday for the PRSSA Alumni Dinner! Another thing I am so excited for is the social media workshop and alumni dinner. When I attended these events last year, they solidified my decision to come to Northern. So, I am beyond thrilled to be attending my first time as a student here! 


Comments

  1. Maddy, I would just like to congradulate you on getting that position it is very exciting! I am glad that you were able to relax during your spring break as you are very busy while you are here on campus. Also airports can get very annoying and your experience is very relatable, flight delays are the worst thing ever.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts