Easter!

 As much as I love Ohio Northern, I love having time to go home. I do travel home pretty frequently, but I can't help myself. Long weekends are the best for that reason. Not only did we have Easter this past weekend, but I am so excited to be heading right back next weekend, since we have off for the eclipse on Monday. My dad is ecstatic that I will be home for the eclipse because he thinks the world is ending. His TikTok algorithm has him in a bad spiral right now. Back to the actual topic of the blog, Easter! 

    I have always loved Easter. Ever since I was a little girl, it has been one of my favorite holidays. I don't know if it is because my parents always went all out with hiding eggs, a fancy basket and treats, but it holds a special place in my heart. When I was younger, my great grandparents would always host an egg hunt. However, this egg hunt was not just a regular egg hunt. This egg hunt was extreme. My grandparent's yard was enormous, they had basically a lake in their front yard, there were a billion great hiding spots and each cousin had their own type or color of egg to find. As I got older, the eggs became harder and harder to find. After turning 11, I am pretty positive that I cried every Easter until I turned 16 and officially became too old to hunt for eggs. While this should make me hate Easter, the holiday holds so many memories that I will never be able to forget. 


    This year, I was even more excited for Easter than normal, because Nick was still going to be home and I got to babysit my little cousin, Millie. Unfortunately, Nick flew back to Rhode Island very early on Sunday morning, but we celebrated Easter with his family the night before. However, without Nick, I could spend even more time with Millie! For some reason, it feels like her and I have a special connection. Her dad, my second cousin, is very close to my family. So, when she was born last year, we grew even closer, and I can't wait to get to celebrate every holiday with her and watch her grow up! She is the absolute cutest!









Comments

  1. Your dad might be on to something when it comes to this eclipse, some of the stuff surrounding it looks pretty crazy. Easter has never been a crazy tradition or holiday with my family for about four years or so. I'm glad you had fun spending time away from Northern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, I LOVE the throwback pictures! Secondly, I’m so glad you got to spend some extra time with Nick! I really enjoyed meeting him and he seems like the perfect guy for you. Spending time with family is very important and, knowing your dad and mom, they cherish it as well. I know your Easter was a BLAST. I hope the world doesn't end this upcoming week…but if it does love you lots and enjoy your last few days with your family.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts