Summer

     As I briefly mentioned in one of my previous blogs, I need it to be summer. The weather this week has officially made it feel close! With just a few weeks left of classes, I could not be more excited! I only have one exam this semester and it occurs Monday of finals week! I have already scheduled my official move out time and have all of the plans arranged with my family. This might sound insane, but I have a countdown for the days until I move out, until I see Nick and until I am done with each of my classes. 

    I am so excited for summer because we have so many fun plans! To kick off the summer, my family is going to Fort Meyers, the second week of June! Nick and I have never been on a plane or to a beach together before, so this will be an amazing trip! Then, I am going to see a Luke Bryan concert with my cousin. I love country music, especially in the summer so, we are really looking forward to that! And the last big thing that we have planned is in July. I think my mom and I are going to take a trip just the two of us somewhere, but we haven't decided where!

    With all of those being the big things planned, I still live for the easy and chill summer days. Just laying out by the pool, golfing and working out, are small things that I can't wait for. My dad has always tried to get me to golf, and last year Nick got me back into it! The cute outfits, time together and ability to spend the day outside, make golf an amazing summer activity. Even though I am not that good, I have so much fun.

As much as I loved my first year at Northern, I need a break. Classes, involvements, and being alone a lot can really take a toll. My family and I are extremely close, like abnormally close, and I am ready to be back with them for a few months, instead of just a weekend. In a weird way, I think being away at college has brought me even closer to my parents. Obviously, my mom and I are able to connect over everything I am doing here, but I think my dad missed me more than he thought he would have. He is always trying to get me to come home on the weekends. He might be more excited for summer than me! He also misses Nick as much as I do, so he can't wait to have a few months with both of us. 

At least I have a busy rest of the semester. This week is Greek Week, next week we are going to New York, the following week I have a ton of projects due, then it's dead week and I am moving all of my stuff out on May 11th. Hopefully I can just push through these last few weeks, I am sure it will fly by! 

What are your summer plans???





Comments

  1. Your summer sounds action-packed and fun! I will be sadly slaving mine away working a factory job trying to make as much money as I can. I do not really enjoy summer because it is usually too hot but the break from school is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to have you and Nick back home for the summer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts