YouTube

     Honestly, I rarely watch anything on YouTube. My sister is always watching a video, but I am more of a TikTok person. If you are like me and barely watch YouTube videos, you might be surprised to know that YouTube is the most popular online video sharing site and the second largest search engine. What you might know, is that YouTube has the power to make people extremely famous. I don't watch a lot of YouTube, but I know a lot of influencers who became influencers by posting videos on the platform. 

    When it comes to publishing a video, just like any other social media platform, there are ways to optimize the performance. One of those factors is when you upload or publish the video. The best days to post on YouTube are Friday and Saturday and the worst day is Sunday. The three hour range from 3-6 p.m. is the best time of day to post. However, consistency is key. Posting on the same day at the same time each week, helps give your followers and viewers something to look forward to and will know when to come back if they enjoyed your video. 

    YouTube can be a great way to increase sales and engagement with products as well. Like many other platforms, YouTube also has a shopping feature. YouTube's shopping feature allows businesses to have a channel store, promote products in the end screens, tag products within videos and livestreams and pin products in live chats. To me, the most beneficial of those, would be the ability to tag products that are in a video. As the consumer, if I see something that I like in the video, especially with an influencer, I want to buy it immediately. Tagging the products makes it very simple to click on an item and purchase it. 

    Another easy way to increase YouTube engagement and views, is to embed them within websites, blogs, emails and other social media platforms. Even though I don't watch a ton of YouTube, I know the videos I do watch, typically come from a link that is external to the platform. Promoting your YouTube channel across different platforms brings more people's attention to your videos and makes them more likely to watch it, even if they aren't consistently watching YouTube videos. 

    I hope these few tips are helpful and make you excited about YouTube! These were just a few highlights from the chapter that I could relate to and found interesting! Side note, I miss the old logo! Do you ever search directly on YouTube for a video or do you click on links from an external platform that catch your eye? 



Comments

Popular Posts