Retail Therapy

     This might sound like something you have already read, but my weekends at home are what keep me sane. This weekend, I was so excited to go home that I left all of my dirty laundry in Ada. I was livid because I didn't pack any clothes since I planned to have all of my laundry. We had another family birthday party, my sister cheered at a football game, and as always, we went shopping. 



    My mom has this weird thing where she thinks I am in constant need of stuff. Especially when it comes to clothes. We are terrible when we shop together. We spend way too much money because we never tell each other no. She is the worst because it is her own money, and she loves to spend it. Unfortunately, I inherited this addiction. We joke that all of our problems magically disappear after some retail therapy, but it is so true!

    For example, when I moved back to Ada for the school year, I probably spent $1,000 on clothes and accessories for my room to drown my sorrows after parting with my family and boyfriend. Another example, I went to Columbus last week for a COPRSA meeting and could not resist my urge to go into Lululemon. That was a steep $300 trip to Easton. 



    Those might sound like scary amounts of money, but my mom is even worse than me and she raised me to be just like her. My boyfriend is terrified for when we get married, and my addiction becomes his problem. My dad jokes with him that he can't wait until I am off of his tab. All honesty, my mom will probably buy me things for the rest of my life. She already has stuff in mind to purchase for our wedding and even our kids. 

    On that note, my parents are way too ready for me to be grown up and out of college. They talk to me about my engagement party, wedding and their hypothetical grandkids way too often. My dad is a teacher and as a spirit day last week, the theme was "dress as your future self". He dressed up as a future grandpa. I can't make that up. He carried around a baby doll, wore chunky sneakers and even glasses. I will attach a photo for you to laugh at!

    Even though I say that they talk about it too much, I am so ready for all of those milestones in my life, and they are approaching faster than I anticipated. 



Comments

  1. I'm glad that even though you live further away you are still able to go home for a nice little reset. Your story about you and your mom shopping reminds me a lot of my friend Gavin when he and I go, he can get me to buy literally anything. I think your dad is so funny, the night I met him I could not stop laughing. I hope your family is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog was so fun! I support of your shopping addiction 100%. I am on the same page with you and your mom. I also love that photo of your dad, that is hilarious. He seems like such a sweetheart. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts