Recruitment!

     Being in a sorority is one thing I thought I would never say in my life. I am honestly not necessarily a "sorority girl" at heart. I grew up being friends with more boys than girls and never had a close group of girlfriends. With that being said, I am so grateful that I stepped out of my comfort zone last year and joined Alpha Xi Delta. Sure, there have been highs and lows, but I wouldn't change a thing. The group of girls that are living in the sorority house with me this year are amazing, and we are so close already. Some of the lows I have experienced within the sisterhood have helped me grow and learn a lot about myself. This year, I was so excited to be on the other side of recruitment! Learning the process, spending a ton of time with my sisters and helping choose our new members was stressful, but an unforgettable experience.

    I am hoping to take a little this semester and have had my sights set on my mentee, Grace, since June. I am so grateful, excited and happy to say that she is now one of the newest XISTERS!!! There are now three public relations majors in Alpha Xi! Grace and I got so emotional together on Bid Day and she is the sweetest. She truly is a perfect fit for AXID, and I know she will do great things for our chapter. 



    For recruitment, my job was to paint and organize every backdrop, help setup decorations and make sure that our social media was gorgeous! I like doing the social media, but painting on the other hand... I could feel the paint soaking up all the time that I didn't have with every stroke of the brush. The designs were tedious, and I knew they had to be basically perfect. All the time I put in paid off and I was thanked for my hours of dedication by our chapter president and a bunch of other sisters. The pictures turned out great, so I am very proud of myself for not giving up and truly just giving it my all. 

    This year's theme for bid day was "Alpha Xi Built to Last" or Ford themed. This theme was really trendy, and I was nervous at first that we would not be able to make it look like the giant schools with hundreds of girls in the sorority can. However, I feel that we exceeded expectations, and our new members loved it!! 

    As fun as recruitment was, I am glad it is over and now we can focus on our beautiful new members! Also I can take a break from painting! LOL







Comments

  1. I know how much you like being in Alpha Xi and you've talked about your mentee all year so it is really cool that she is now in the same sorority as you! I know you put a lot of time into recruitment this year and I am happy it turned out well! Proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts