Week From Hell

     Last week sucked for me. Basically, every aspect of my life had something go wrong. I received grades I'm not proud of, dealt with drama in my sorority, pushed through some long-distance struggles and to top it off, my car was almost stolen. Yes, in Ada, my back window was shattered Thursday night. My life feels like a movie someone else who hates me is writing. 

    Not to mention, I was supposed to work all of Saturday's events and had my cousin coming to visit. She has never been to Northern. I had the entire weekend planned out for us. All was wrecked when I discovered my car covered in glass on Friday morning before class. I missed a microeconomics quiz, review for an upcoming exam and work, because I was with public safety and the Ada Police Department for half the day. After they left me with a car full of glass, I had to drive to the car wash super slow and vacuum all of the glass out myself. I was an emotional wreck. My parents pretty much forced me to go home and get it fixed. So, I then proceeded to drive two hours with no back window. Everyone kept telling me "at least nothing was stolen and it was nice outside." Easy for them to say, their car has all four windows intact, and they don't have to drive hours with glass falling out of cracks still. 

    I quit one of my jobs too. I felt like I was drowning, actually still do. Running around and staying busy has perks, but not enough for this feeling to be worth it. 

    As if my crap week wasn't enough, I received a parking ticket on Tuesday. My luck is awful. People who don't know me would think I have good luck, but that's not the case. I inherited my dad's horrible luck. Shockingly, he wasn't mad when I told him about the car. He was not surprised something like that would happen to me. The Ada Police Department called me on Saturday with all details regarding what happened. Some random guy stole a Kia in Bellefontaine, drove it to campus and then went car shopping for another Kia by breaking back windows and messing with the ignition. However, since my car does not have a real key and is push to start, so he couldn't steal it. 

I'll probably do bad on the quizzes this week too. Hopefully next week turns around for me. 

  




Comments

  1. I am sorry about your week. I recall you telling me throughout the week that you've had a bad one and you couldn't wait for it to be over. I feel like life is all about perspective but I think it is hard for you to have an alternative perspective in those moments during the week. I hope you have a better one this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your week! It's the worst when it feels like one thing after another falls apart. I hope this week brightens up, and if not, fall break is quickly approaching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is insane! I am so sorry this happened. The fact that you are still showing up places, and getting things done is amazing. You got this girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, Maddy I am so sorry all of this happened! This is so crazy, but you handled it all really well. I hate advice when I'm upset so I'm just going to tell you that it can only go up from here and you're doing great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts